Monday, August 6, 2012

Painting

I.Loathe.painting. When I decided to start painting my cabinets, clearly I had forgotten how much I....

1- Hate painting
2- Am not good at painting
3- Hate painting

That magnetic primer is killing me! One coat, two coats, three coats...and not a magnetic letter will hold. Four coats, five coats...my heavy duty magnet barely sticks. Six coats, seven coats....a magnetic letter sticks...FINALLY. Thank goodness I didn't paint more than two cabinets. That tiny can cost my Father-in-Law $20 bucks and I used the e.n.t.i.r.e can.

I found myself painting after K screening because I can't really bring Coop in and have him breathing in all those fumes. Holy cow....barely any circulation in my room = a serious lack of focus and control.

Total class act. Wearing a dress, covered with magnetic paint, and a head in the clouds. Class act.

Now I am freaking out about painting over this magnetic primer. It is barely holding a magnetic letter. So, I have two choices-
- I can paint over it, as planned and pray that it will hold magnetic letters or just leave it as lesson learned.
- I can leave the two black, paint the others as planned and maybe add some kind of border to the black.

Ho-hum. Any thoughts?

On a different note...a little sweetie today had me laughing. When I got to the portion of the screening that assessed letter sounds, I pointed to a letter and asked "Do you know what sound this letter makes?" He replied with a loud "Caw-Caw! Caw-Caw! Caw-Caw!" Love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment