12 favorite things!
12. Favorite movie you watched: I would have to say Hunger Games. I loved reading the books sooooo much that I couldn't wait for the movie! I loved The Dark Knight Rises, just not as much.
11. Favorite TV series: I am a TV junkie. Not really, but there are times I feel like I am. I love The Real Housewives of, well....any county. Love those Jersey ones the most I think.
10. Favorite restaurant: Panera or maybe Noodles and Co.. Coop and I eat soup like every other day and both of these places have soups we enjoy!
9. Favorite new thing you tried: Teachers Pay Teachers. It was such a hard decision for me to open up an account and sell stuff, y'all have no idea! It was something I truly HAD to do. I am truly amazed that there are so many people buying my stuff. Wanna know where that money is going....honestly....it goes for daycare and rent. Without your purchases, I don't know where we would be. I.am.forever.grateful.
8. Favorite gift you got: I received some donations on my blog. Those donations allowed me to purchase clipart and get the ball rolling for TPT. Those donations brought me to my knees.
7. Favorite thing you pinned: I'm not too sure. I love Pinterest. It has helped me organize new teaching ideas, so that has been helpful!
6. Favorite blog post: The Great Giveaway. Two little flashdrives that was all I was giving away. I had 366 comments and was simply stunned.
5. Best accomplishment: Standing on my own two feet. I haven't given my entire story on here...to be honest, I was embarrassed. But, here goes....this is the shortened version.
My husband and I had been married for 13 years. We rarely had any big problems at all. I would have said he was the best person I had ever met. We struggled to get pregnant. Encountered loss and heartache. We finally had Cooper in December of last year. Between the months of January and March, the company we had used to landscape our yard sued us. My husband claimed he had paid, but when I started going through the accounts, no money was to be found. He claimed someone stole his identity. Our entire savings was gone. In April, he was suspended with pay from his job. He was eventually fired. They accused him of stealing. His story was absurd. I thought we could still work through it with counseling. He was arrested. He never called me. I sat alone one night with a five month old terrified that something had happened to him. None of his actions made any sense at all. He was indicted. His parents bonded him out. Trial for a class.2.felony. Big scary stuff. Between June and July, I found out that he stopped paying our mortgage a year prior and that he had extracurricular activities. No phone calls came in. No notices. I was oblivious and embarrassed that I was so clueless. He became a completely different person all in the span of 3 months.
I am alone now. I support myself and Cooper without any help. Best accomplishment in my life so far.
4. Favorite picture:
3. Favorite memory: The day I held my little boy in my arms for the first time. Words will never describe how that felt.
2. Goal for 2013: To continue to make a good life for my son and I. I will make good choices which may not be the easiest. I will do right by him and always keep what he needs as my number one priority.
1. One Little Word: Grateful. Beyond words.
Link up here....