Well, I debated and heard TONS of advice (all appreciated, by the way), and I've come to a decision...I will be opening up a shop on Teachers Notebook and Teachers Pay Teachers.
I truly hoped that the Donate Button would be my fix; however, I don't believe it will be. I am going to keep it, for a while at least, for anyone who wants to donate for any of the Scribd downloads. I don't want to remove any of the 594 free downloads I have (holy cow...I didn't realize I had so many :0) ) , so they will remain, for now. I am hoping to still giveaway some creations, but I know that it is in Cooper and I's best interest to begin selling things, just to stay afloat.
My very first post on Teachers Notebook and Teachers Pay Teachers is a new Common Core Apple Unit. With a total of 10 math and literacy activities all developed around the Kindergarten Common Core Standards. Activities and skills addressed include;
* Sort the Apples (Understand that words are separated by spaces in print)
* Perfect Punctuation (Recognize and name end punctuation)
* A-P-P-L-E Poem (Demonstrate understanding of the organization and basic features of print. Actively engage in group reading activities with purpose and understanding)
* Let's Write About Apples (Use a combination of drawing, dictating, and writing to compose opinion pieces in which they tell a reader the topic or the name of the book they are writing about and state an opinion or preference about the topic or book)
* Don't Pick the "Ick" (Read common high-frequency words by sight)
* Spin and Write (Print many upper- and lowercase letters)
* I Have/Who Has (Correctly name shapes regardless of their orientations or overall size)
* Apple Ten Frames (Count to answer “how many?” questions about as many as 20 things arranged in a line, a rectangular array, or a circle, or as many as 10 things in a scattered configuration; given a number from 1–20, count out that many objects)
* Comparing Sets (Classify objects into given categories; count the numbers of objects in each category and sort the categories by count)
* Apple Math Fun (Represent addition and subtraction with objects, fingers, mental images, drawings, sounds (e.g., claps), acting out situations, verbal explanations, expressions, or equations. Solve addition and subtraction word problems, and add and subtract within 10, e.g., by using objects or drawings to represent the problem)
The packet includes over 100 pages of color activities and student work (sorts, recording sheets, emergent readers) for your Kindergarten classroom. Also, good for early first grade :0)I truly hope you check it out. Click on the image below to purchase.
I've also made a sentence building activity. I made it with two Facebook fans in mind...Alane Connolly and Stacey Arballo :0). Hope you like! It's FREE! Click on the image below to download.
Again, I thank everyone for their support. I hope everyone understands. It was a difficult decision, and I hope that you will continue to support me!