Friday, April 13, 2012

Ramblings of a tired girl

I am at a loss of what to blog about. Lucky you! I keep wanting to start taking pictures at school of some of the cuteness that is going on....all because of my Pinterest addiction, but I have several things that are preventing me from doing so...

  1. I can't-for the life of me, remember where I put my old camera. It normally resides at school, but I brought it home when I went on leave.
  2. I am only working 3 days a week and I feel like I am in a time crunch with teaching. I am not even sure I have time to take silly little pics.
  3. I live 32 miles from my school, so at the end of the day...I want to zoom home to see Mr. Cooper.
  4. Also, I constantly see pics that link to a blog, but then I see the same pic on another blog. I live in fear of not giving the right people credit.
Here are some tidbits about life right now, some school related....some not. I am UBER stressed lately. I have had some serious issues. 

First, our landscaping company is suing us. That's right, actually taking us to court. It turns out the bill that we paid back in May never actually made it to their company. They never told us and our check was cashed. Now months have gone by and we found out the check was stolen. Blahblahblah...we are in the middle of ick. Stressful, ick. I am not handling it well. I am sure everything is going to be fine, but it is sidetracking me from everything.

The husband's job is looking rocky. I feel terrible for him. I feel terrified for us and our sweet little man. Nuff about that.

The Common Core has me quite worried over the state of Kindergarten. Common Core is here, I accept that, it just leaves me wondering if people realize that they are still babies and they still need time to adjust to a classroom, time to explore, time to play. I know, I will calm down...just a bit stressed.

Add to it, our school doesn't have half day or full day, we are in an extended day limbo. I believe the Common Core really requires full day, but I guess half day teachers are saying at least you have a little more time. I know. I'm just worried about the implications of some pretty hefty expectations.

I am trying so hard to keep everything together with a smile. I think I am doing a decent time staying upbeat. It's all the ick that constantly plays in my head.

I am trying to be a better blog reader. I will be completely honest, I haven't been great about reading blogs since the summer. I am trying to keep up with the bazillion of blogs that I love and just keep finding more! I am trying very hard to comment and show the love because I respect all of the work and dedication I see out in blogland. There are truly amazing teachers out there. We are blessed to live in a time that we have the opportunity to see the greatness in classrooms all over the country! I am inspired by so many. 

I am working on the May Poetry journals...I swear. I've been AWFUL every year once May comes around. I'm on it. I am also working on a frog unit....we'll just have to see how that works out. So, today, I don't have anything for you....just the ramblings of this tired girl and I am really not looking for sympathy or anything like that...I just needed to blog :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment