Sunday, August 21, 2011

Poetry Journals: Making them Matter (November Edition)

Before the Poetry Journal post...

  • You can find how I introduce Poetry Journals here...http://kinder-pond.blogspot.com/2011/07/poetry-journals-making-them-matter_07.html
  • Yes, I will be posting December...soon.
  • I will be creating a post on activities that we do later on in the school year with our Poetry Journals at some point.
  • I will not be creating a Teachers Pay Teachers account. Read previous posts and you will soon realize I just don't believe in charging for materials. Would I enjoy the extra supplement to my income, sure...but it's not going to happen.
  • Scribd goes slow. It's free. A cross you must be willing to bare.
  • I will not change my documents for you to different formats nor will I email them to you. I don't mean to sound wenchy...it's just a fact.

Now with the post :-)
November is a CrAzY month for us in our district! The kiddos are off for the entire week of Thanksgiving. We have Parent/Teacher conferences on Monday and Tuesday, then we are off the rest of the week. I LOVE it!!!

With that being said, what you will find with this edition is not much, lol. The first week of November/the last week of October we learn about Fall (I am going to repost Gray Squirrel because that is the poem we do). The two weeks that follow are a combination of Turkeys and Thanksgiving. The week of Thanksgiving we are off, so there isn't a poem. The final week of November/first week of December we do our Gingerbread unit. Sorry for any confusion this may cause!

As always, I hope you find things that you can use in your own classroom, and I hope to inspire you to share with your fellow teachers! Leave a comment if you download :)

Enjoy!
Shannon

All documents contain fonts that are copyright DJ Inkers. Virtually all documents contain graphics that are copyright DJ Inkers. They are used with permission. Please visit http://www.djinkers.com/, for wonderful clipart and fonts.

All of my Poetry Journals can now be found on TPT, as well.


Gray Squirrel


Gray Squirrel


A Turkey Is

A Turkey Is


Thank You

Thank You

Four Gingerbread Men

Four Gingerbread Men

Sorry no picture of the poster. I forgot to take it, maybe I will remember at some point to take it!

No comments:

Post a Comment