Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Poetry Journals: Making them Matter (August/September Edition)

It's July, it's beautiful outside...I should be lounging at the pool (my favorite summer activity); however, here I am...writing a well over due blog. It's hot and my head is screaming...so here I am :)


I've gotten some emails requesting my daily schedule, pacing, and new standards. I am not ignoring you, I promise! My daily schedule changes each year due to our specials. I love having specials, but it does make my schedule a bit chaotic. Our Kindergarten program is "extended day" which means our kiddos are there from 8:05-1:30, our specials include...3 days of PE (30min), 1 day of Music (30min), 1 day of Art (30min), 1 day of Library (30min), 1 day of Computer (35 min), and 1 day of Learning Center (2 30min sessions). So, my schedule is as routine based as I can get it, but as I said it will change for next year. Here is the link to the post from last year http://kinder-pond.blogspot.com/2011_02_01_archive.html. Our school is in the process of making sure the new Core Standards are included and paced out correctly. Once I have them, I will post them!


Don't forget to vote...


I have begun to pace out the Poetry Journals. In this edition you will find the poems for the last week of August 2011 and all the poems for September. I have the new page listed first, followed by a picture of the center poster (if I have one), and lastly the old journal pages. I hope you can find something to use for your classroom! 


Enjoy!
Shannon


All documents contain fonts that are copyright DJ Inkers. Virtually all documents contain graphics that are copyright DJ Inkers. They are used with permission. Please visit http://www.djinkers.com/, for wonderful clipart and fonts.

All of my Poetry Journals can now be found on TPT, as well.
ABC Rap


ABC Rap

Shape Song


The Shape Song

A-P-P-L-E

Apple

Apple Tree

Apple Tree

Little Miss Muffet

Little Miss Muffet

No comments:

Post a Comment